Investigative Reporters and Editors committees allow board members and rank-and-file members to focus on specific areas or projects of interest and to explore new projects.
Committees are sometimes asked to address issues that come up in the full board meetings but that need more research. The committees then make recommendations to the full board.
Committee members are appointed by the board president.
Responsible for planning oversight, finance, personnel issues and board development.
- David Cay Johnston, Reuters, president
- Andrew Donahue, VoiceofSanDiego.org, vice-president
- Sarah Cohen, Duke University, secretary
- Lea Thompson, broadcast journalist, treasurer
- Mc Nelly Torres, Florida Center for Investigative Reporting
Member Services Committee
Responsible for member recruitment, reviewing training efforts and member resources.
- Ellen Gabler, Miwaukee Journal Sentinel (co-chair)
- Stuart, Watson, WCNC-TV Charlotte (co-chair)
- Rob Cribb, The Toronto Star
Assists with fund raising and revenue development strategies.
- Andrew Donohue, VoiceofSanDiego.org (chair)
- Manny Garcia, El Nuevo Herald
- Mc Nelly Torres, Florida Center for Investigative Reporting (co-chair)
- Matt Waite, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (co-chair)
- Lea Thompson, broadcast journalist/producer (chair)
- Ron Nixon, The New York Times
- Kathleen Johnston, CNN
- John Russell, The Indianapolis Star
- Ziva Branstetter, Tulsa World
- Stephanie Czekalinski, National Journal
Oversees the endowment and IRE investments.
- Josh Meyer, Medill National Security Initiative (chair)
- David Cay Johnston, Reuters
- Brant Houston, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Mike McGraw, The Kansas City Star
- Chris Adams, McClatchy Washington Bureau
Oversees accountability of the organization and the annual external audit by a certified public accounting firm.
- Len Downie, The Washington Post/Arizona State University, chair
- Sarah Cohen, The New York Times
- Diana Henriques, The New York Times