Join us for the 2013 IRE Conference, June 20-23 in San Antonio
Login | Register
NICAR's copy of the Housing Mortgage Disclosure Act dataset for 2007 has been updated. This dataset, maintained by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, provides information about property loans in the United States, including, for each loan application:
Reporters have used HMDA data for years to report housing trends with authority; in the current economic climate, that effort has become all the more important. Did lending institutions in your state grant fewer subprime loans than last year? By how much? This dataset can help answer those questions. Please contact the Database Library with any questions.
- the race, ethnicity and gender of the applicant
- how much money was requested in the loan
- the annual income of the applicant
- if the loan was considered "subprime" -- defined in this dataset by being three points higher than the prime rate -- how much higher its interest rate was
- The U.S. Census tract for the property location -- highly useful for mapping
Log in or register to comment on this story.