Home » IRE News » Deadline to declare IRE BOD Candidacy
Deadline to declare IRE BOD Candidacy
is Friday 4/27 to be listed on the absentee ballots. *
Seven seats up for election on IRE board
The filing period has begun for those planning to run for the IRE board of directors. Seven seats on the 13-member board are up for election. The election will be held June 16 at the IRE annual conference in Boston.
The IRE board serves as the governing body of IRE and generally meets in person twice a year to discuss and vote on IRE business. One meeting is at the annual conference in June. The board periodically has conference calls. Directors serve on committees and task forces made up of board members and appointed non-board IRE members.
The seats are for two-year terms, and incumbents may seek re-election. A board position is unpaid; board members and their news organizations are expected to pay all, or a substantial amount, of travel expenses to board meetings. IRE will provide limited help in cases of need. Candidates must be IRE members in the professional or academic category. Board members are expected to help raise funds and contribute financial or other resources to the organization. In addition, they lose eligibility to enter the IRE Awards contest for entries in which they have a significant role.
- *April 27 — Deadline for candidates to file and appear on absentee ballot.
OPENING DAY for absentee ballot request!
- May 4 — Candidates’ statements posted online.
- May 22 — Last day to request absentee ballot.
- May 30 — Deadline for candidates to be listed on the IRE website.
- June 8 — Deadline for absentee ballots to reach IRE.
- June 15, 12 noon (Eastern time) — Final deadline to declare candidacy.
- June 16 — Board elections at annual membership meeting.