The Investigative Reporter focuses on challenging, investigative/tough questions style reporting. This position manages undercover shooting assignments and understands legal, journalism and ethical issues around investigative reporting. The Investigative Reporter may perform editing on an avid non linear system.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Five to seven years related reporting experience. Investigative reporting experience is required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of legal, journalistic and ethical issues facing undercover reporting teams.
- Must possess strong research, storytelling and interviewing skills.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Ability to multi task and manage short and long-term projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong on-air presence.
- Working knowledge of Computer Assisted Reporting preferred